The e-biz platform facilitating trading of Goods and Services online is the latest service introduced by the Chamber. This Platform which is available for exclusive use by NCE Members will enable them to reach International Buyers, by creating awareness regarding their Products and Services.
This is a cost effective method to promote your Products and Services through Digital Marketing to access global markets, and be abreast with competitors in the international market place.
The e-biz site in the NCE website could be used by Members Exporters of Products and Services to profile their offers to attract prospective buyers, and thereafter effect online trading transactions through a payment gateway. The e-biz site will also have special links with the International Trade Centre (ITC), of the United Nations in Geneva, and also Sri Lankan Missions in overseas markets, to obtain information regarding marketing opportunities for Sri Lankan Products and Services, and also information regarding Trade Inquiries from prospective buyers.
Export promotional activities of Products and Services are generally costly. In this regard especially Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) do not have the capacity to engage in traditional export market promotion activities such as participation in Trade Fairs and Exhibitions in overseas markets, participate in Trade Delegations to meet prospective Buyers or participate in other contact promotion programs. Additionally even the production of colourful printed material for Products for distribution among prospective customers is a relatively costly exercise which some SMEs do not have the capacity to engage. In order to overcome these handicaps online marketing of Products and Services of SMEs though an ‘e-biz Platform’ is the ideal and an efficient way to make aware and promote their Products and Services among prospective buyers to effectively compete with larger Enterprises who have the capacity to engage in elaborate marketing activities.
When profiling Products and Services through the ‘e-biz Platform’ SMEs have the advantage of presenting their Service offers in a colourful manner to attract prospective Buyers. They also have the option to indicate their price offers or maintain confidentiality by providing such information directly to prospective business partners once contacts are established utilizing the services of the ‘e-biz Platform’.
- Develop, promote, and sustain trade, commerce, and industries of the national economy
- Focus on the needs and the aspirations of member exporters and stakeholders by providing innovative services, and promoting cooperation among them to become internationally competitive
- Be ambitious in goals, and objectives to be proactive, and innovative in the way we work, striving for excellence
- Value and invest in our people to ensure that they achieve their best
- Ensure Quality in all our service delivery processes, by maintaining ISO standards, exceeding our stake holder expectations, and strive for continuous improvement in everything we do.
- Serve as a Forum & Make policy recommendations, and complement the National efforts and programs to accelerate the development of the Export sector
- Ensure Gender balance & equality
- Instill entrepreneurial spirit among member exporters, potential exporters, and prospective members